Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Veggies! Sound Off! Cabbage?! Present, Sir!

Members of all the crops I direct sowed have germinated except parsley.  I actually wasn't too hopeful for them my seeds were three years old.  Spinach is in full effect and I am getting a little horny just thinking about eating some when they are ready.  Did i say horny?  I meant sexually aroused.  My carrots are not fully germinated yet but i'm not nervous.  Peas just sprouted.  Same with beets, swiss chard, turnips, cabbage, and radishes; all sprouted.

As far as the indoor stuff like tomatoes and peppers they are all germinated.  In a week or two I will transplant a few plugs into small pots to sell to some farmers. 

I know i promised how to calculate nutrient level applications.  I plan on doing a post on selecting tomato cultivars too and on attraction of beneficial insects. I 'll have some bathroom reading for you this weekend.

As for now this is your homework for the week.

Last chance to start tomato seeds and pepper seeds
Start marigolds indoors
Start a second round of carrots, beets, radishes etc.
Last chance for peas
Get ready to start beans (all types).
Make friends with that guy who has the rototiller in his garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment